Thursday, April 22, 2010

What an incredible time we had at the Focus Conference in Atlanta! Bishop Eddie L. Long hosted pastors and their support staff from all around the country for three powerful days of instruction. As you can see, my staff is smiling just as big as I am. Pictured with me from left to right is Shannon Butler, Walter Freeman, Sherma Felix, Hayden Oliver, Charlotte Hall, and David Luckey. This is the staff that I recently ordained as lead ministers at TOP. They're beaming for a reason! We had just celebrated Walter's birthday and had fun doing it, too. It was great to be together.

I feel so refreshed in my spirit! Without a doubt we were invigorated with a fresh Word about reaching the world with greater intention than ever before. It's time to get out of our box in every area of life and push toward a new challenge. How can we call ourselves the church and not reach out to people who are in need? And when I say need, I don't just mean spiritual need, I mean daily physical and very practical need. I encourage you to start reaching out to those who need something as simple as a meal. It all starts in our own backyard. Ask yourself what practical things you can do to affect someone's life today. It's through our consistent and practical actions that people will listen to our message of Christ's love. The Bible says that it's God's goodness that draws us to Him. Be good to someone today, practically.

No comments:

Post a Comment