Monday, February 8, 2010

Knock, Knock, Knockin' on Heaven's Door

Have you ever heard of a "tryin' prayer?" It's the one that never gets much done. We're in hot pursuit of the "determined prayer!" It's the one that's fully purged of false pretense. It's also the one that gets a desired answer! For too long so many of us have approached God in a way that's apathetic. "Well, I'll try this God but, I'm just not sure if it's your will so..." can you imagine if you were God? Would you answer such an uncommitted prayer? I wouldn't. Or what about this approach, "God, I've done everything I'm supposed to do and I've been a Christian for years now and I deserve this answer and I deserve it now!" Have you ever noticed that's about the time the Heavens fall silent? God desires that we approach Him with the humility of a child and the tenacity of a bulldog. He understands that sometimes we're flawed in our approach out of ignorance. But when we have understanding, He also knows we've been given the Blood, the Word, and the Name and we have a right to ask, and ask, and ask again for what we have His direction on. Sometimes that takes tremendous determination and tenacity. But when we're equipped with a Word from God we're up to the challenge. Knock, knock, and knock again with an attitude of humble perseverance. Be like the friend in need at midnight in Luke 11 and don't let up until you get an answer. I challenge you!

No comments:

Post a Comment