Wednesday, May 26, 2010

What Are You Looking At?

I've gotten a lot of great response from people about what I preached on Sunday. Well, in all truth, it was a continuation of what I started on Wednesday night. I hope you caught it. I pointed out our options as believers and more than a few of you were listening.

Every day we make a decision to either stay right where we're at, or to move forward. And the decision we make usually depends on what we're looking at. Are we focused on the lack in front of us, or the supply just beyond us? Because in truth, that supply is not so far beyond us that we can't get to it. Supply is often just far enough that we have to reach for it. Reaching is a good thing, if we'll only get the courage to do it.

Some of us want quite a bit out of life but we aren't convinced we'll get it. To engage in more than the status quo, you have to keep a positive mindset that engages in new things purely for the sake of determination. To remain useful to ourselves and others it takes that kind of ongoing effort. It takes a mindset that says, "Where I'm at is not where I'm staying. I refuse to stay here." Do you say that to yourself? In what small and very active way do you encourage yourself to see more for your life? King David said he encouraged himself in the Lord. To me that says that He saw something beyond his current circumstances. I think he was onto something...

No comments:

Post a Comment