Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I'm Not a Servant to Crisis

It's true that if you can't actively see something other than your present circumstance all you'll ever get is what you see. Some people say, "Well, I have to think about my circumstances. I have to think my way out of them!" And I would say yes, you have a point there. We have to be strategic when we're thinking about the problems of life. However, when that thought process gives way to worry then you've just stepped over into thinking about something you can't do anything about. There's a fine balance.


When I start playing the servant to worry in any form I've just become a workhorse. Thoughts are options, they're not mandates. I don't have to think on everything that comes through my mind. In fact, I make it a job to stand like a soldier and actively choose the positive. Why? Because I don't work for circumstances. Circumstances work for me. They're there to purify me, clarify my walk, and teach me a thing or two about who I am. Not who I think I am, who I truly am. Circumstances are only an opportunity to grow or give up. What's it gonna be?


Our responses to crisis and worry define us in a way that is integral to our making headway in this life. And if there's one thing I know about life, it doesn't often stay exactly the same. There's always something new to tackle. Always something new to learn. And, if I can encourage you to do one thing today I'll say, don't think about things that make you feel insecure. It takes the praise right out of you and there's just no need for that. I love you! Tune into TOP for our live services and get this Word first-hand!



No comments:

Post a Comment